Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Cast!


With less than a week before we start shooting, there is a lot of work yet to do.  It was a hell of a time looking for one of our characters, Sir Ron.  Our choices were few at the auditions and the callbacks, and I just didn't see an actor that fit the role well.  Don't get me wrong, there were great actors that came out, just none that grabbed my attention as Sir Ron.  Thanks to one of our producers, Jason McGuckian, we were able to find one.  Granted, I blindly invited him to join our team based on Jason's recommendation, but after meeting with him and after our first cast reading, I think Matt Connely is gonna be a great addition to our already wonderful cast.

Speaking of our cast, let's introduce you!

MARK played by WESLEY SCOTT
Our hero, Mark, is being played by Wesley Scott.  Wesley is a charming individual and pleasing to the eyes.  I was especially pleased that he can act too!  Mark's character starts off as a guy in a rut.  Kind of mopy and world-hating.  And I really look forward to beating that charming and charismatic smile off Wesley's face!  I really look forward to seeing Wesley's diversity as an actor.











GWEN played by IVY KOEHLER

Our heroine, Gwen, is being played by the wonderful Ivy Koehler.  It was important to me that Gwen be played by someone I could fall in love with.  What I mean by that is: I was looking for someone with real beauty and honesty.  She is highly enthusiastic and committed.  I could not ask for better.  And if she turns out to be a real diva bitch, then that just means She is a great actor!  






THE GLORY KNIGHTS

CHRIS played by HEATH ALLYN

Chris is being played by Heath Allyn.  Chris is Mark's long time best friend.  Even though he is a geek/nerd.  And like a moped, Mark probably didn't introduce Chris to his more "popular" friends.  Heath Allyn was great at the auditions.  He blew us away from the start and nailed every role he read for.  I think it's important to have a strong actor as Chris since he is kind of the HUB between Mark and the rest of his fighting company.  Which means Chris is the character that interacts with more characters than any other.






SIR RON played by MATT CONNELY
Sir Ron is being played by Matt Connely.  As I said earlier, I brought him onto the project on faith.  Then when I looked at his photo, I thought to myself, "Wow, he is too pretty to be Sir Ron." Sir Ron is supposed to be this old wise portly man.  And that picture makes me think that if I were a girl I would just want to do bad things to him.   I first met him at the cast reading.  I was pleasantly surprised.  You know, in that jump up and down and shout at the top of your lungs sort of way.  Now we just need to ugly him up a bit and he'll be absolutely perfect!






MORTIMAR played by TRENT LOCKWOOD
So, I see, Trent Lockwood, this tall lanky kid at the auditions wearing a faded power rangers t-shirt with the kind of glasses that reminded me of one's I would slap off of people in highschool and laugh about it.  And he seemed to really have fun with the role of Mortimar who is a geeky kid oblivious to the fact that he is a total nerd and really content and happy being who he is.  I am really looking forward to seeing Trent as Mortimar.  Thank god for type-casting.



 
THE ANNIHILATORS

DARPHIUS played by JASON McGUCKIAN
Darphius is being played by Jason McGuckian.  Darphius is the leader of the Annihilators and is a total douche bag.  He does not see himself as a geek or a nerd.  He is an athlete.  Some what of a bully to the rest of the nerds that comes out to play this game.  He's out to hurt people and pick on those smaller than he is to make him feel better about himself.  Obviously, Jason was the perfect choice for this character.









DARRIUS played by HAROLD FISCH


Harold Fisch is awesome.  I knew I really wanted to use him in Foam Fighters but didn't know where to place him.  He was too scrawny for Mark.  Too small for Chris.  And too good looking for Mortimar.  Darrius is Darphius's lackey/squire.  He idolizes Darphius on perhaps an unhealthy level.  Where The Glory Knights have Mortimar, The Annihilators have Darrius.  This is gonna be a side story that climaxes to an epic battle between squire and squire in the 5th or 6th episode.  Darrius is going to be a fun role and I'm really excited that Harold decided to join our team.




NYMPHERETTI (in progress) played by HOPE CLARK
Hope Clark came in to audition for Gwen and got stuck with a non-speaking role.  She was great.  But as in Highlander, there can only be one.  Hope is very enthusiastic and she has the nerd/geek look down.  I talked to her about playing the fourth Annihilator.  Thankfully, she agreed because now the ideas are flying for future episodes.  I never thought about having that fourth character be a female, but now that it is, I cannot think of a single reason why not.  The potential for drama and comedy feels limitless now.  Why didn't I think of this before?  So, thank you Hope for being a trooper!


I look forward to working with all these people.  I think we've got something special here.  And I'm excited to start shooting this coming weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Who, I'm totally taking this description of me and using as a blurb.I don't know where, but that's some good press, right there.

    ReplyDelete